Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blueberries

I love blueberries. The ones I got at the farmers market, froze for the winter, are big and hold texture. Ah Michigan, ya gotta love those big lakes that modify the climate. The people I bought berries from farm berries on Lake Michigan and vegetables on the east side of Detroit.

I bought some blueberry plants from them. Blueberry plants have perished in my garden in times past. I suppose I have alkaline soil, have not had it tested. I am sure my soil was fill, put here after the house was built.

I will see to it that the blueberry plants get plenty of water and compost. The farmer that sold them told me that is what is needed.

Meantime, I thaw the ones I bought and froze last year, have them most every day. They got me through the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home