Monday, November 07, 2005

23 September 2005 Seeds, Permaculture

Collecting seeds, favorite garden activity that it is, became richer today as I take in the vision of all the little bowls full on the sideboard. I put them in envelopes and store them in the refrigerator, except those that need stratification, they go in the freezer.
The Sweet Pea seeds by passed that process. I dropped them in beds by the fence, with a prayer. Hoping they will sprout themselves. The little nursery by the porch has Holly seeds and Elderberry. I set it by pulling everything in it last week. I do mark where I put the seeds, will need to take extra care when weeding there. In Spring, I set up little nurseries in plastic trays 1 1/2 " deep. Now there are two grapefruit and a lily there. The lily will need to go outside, though none of the baby Lilies I left out last year survived. They ought too, Wild Turk's Head Lilies grow in Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home